To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

No Power at School Today

Today, I got to school and there was no power.  So, we all left.  I also learned that the cars that drive around playing those adds for stores that I shared earlier... sometimes are the dispensers of important information like that there will be no power in an area of town. 

Now, that's one way of getting the word out :]

I am laughing, imagining cars with speakers driving around towns in the US telling people information about their power situations. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember that in Bolivia! Interesting how many things are similar, and yet different too. We got back today from the first Land Lab trip...it was so hot with high winds and dust, and not everything went well, but there were some good take aways...Chandon set up a fabulous Eco Challenge for the kids, which they loved (I think our team won with 282,900 points!) and last night when we were all around the campfire sharing our "thankfuls", Caleb got up and thanked me for coming to fill in for you this year. It touched my heart, and then I couldn't help getting up to say how thankful I am that you and Wendy believed in my ability to do this job. It is hard, but I am grateful for it. When we all went to sleep in our tents, I dreamed the whole night about you. We were going around Costa Rica and you were showing me all your favorite haunts. :) Glad things are going so well for you there. The Hermosa kids were completely thrilled and literally shouted out loud when we announced you would visit at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Jill. It is so good to hear from you. It is really funny because they day you wrote this, I was thinking about you and Wendy and the kids and wondering how you were all doing, if you finished cycle 1, when Carnival would be... etc. Little did I know that you were at the Land Lab thinking about me, too :] That is so sweet what Caleb said. I am also excited to see you all in December!

      Delete
  2. Intersting dream Jill.
    So sweet of you to share.

    ReplyDelete