To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Road Trip to the Movies

The closest movie theatre to Quepos is a 1hour and 45 minute bus ride to the city of Jaco.  That's like driving from Tucson to Phoenix just to see a movie!!!   But, when that's all you have... it doesn't seem like a hassle, it seems like a mini vacation :]

On a Thursday, nonetheless.  


We found a cafe to hang out at while the downpour passed


This is a manifestation of the teacher's strike that has been going on for the past 3 weeks.  It blocked traffic for a little while. 

And of course, I brought my own homemade salsa to the cafe... we're such "comen huevos."
Also, I never thought I would like an action movie like X Men... but I loved it!  It was like time travel mixed with tons of crazy plot lines and characters battling to overcome their own obstacles while struggling to come together as a team.  Totally worth the trip. 

1 comment:

  1. Great perspective of the trip being like a mini vacation.
    So much of our perception depends on our point of view.

    ReplyDelete