To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Simple, but Important Skills

The skills I have learned living in this country:

How to peel fruits (way more effectively than I was doing before)
How to kill cockroaches without being afraid of them (still working on that one… sometimes I just choose to pretend they’re not there and hope they go away).
How to ignore mosquitoes and mosquito bites.
How to cut and peel garlic (by smashing it first with the knife).
How to cook beans and rice (through several rough attempts).
How to clean a fan and that cleaning it makes the air soooooo much cooler!! (I didn’t even know you could clean fans). 
How to take out the trash bag before the maggots hatch… (or how to put the trash in the freezer so that it doesn’t attract insects).

The list will surely grow… but I find it amusing what I have learned so far and I smile every time I peel a fruit well or get a clean peel on the garlic.  It’s the little victories. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the little things that seem to mean so much, and give such satisfaction.
    I thought you knew the garlic peeling trick...sorry I forgot to show you.
    You know thw avo pit trick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the fruit peeling skill, can you put a video on your blog showing us?

    ReplyDelete