To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Things that are Weird about the US - Reverse Culture Shock

Toilet Paper - Every time, I hesitate and look around for a trash can to throw the toilet paper in... instead of in the toilet.  

Crossing Guards - Here I am, driving for the first time in six months, and I stop at a light where crossing guards are helping school children cross the street.  I don't know why, but this really strikes me as something special and organized... something I never really saw before. 

Shopping - Why are there so many choices? 

I am happy that when I go to the mall, literally everyone there is speaking Spanish :]  There is so much Spanish that the woman opening the dressing rooms even addresses me in Spanish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment