To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Monday, December 9, 2013

Weirdness of the Week - Christmas Edition

1.  Kolbi - the phone company - sends a text message that says you have 50 messages to gift someone as a Christmas present.  That was fun.

2.  There are scary toys at the "copy place."  Just read what its features are... also, I think they needed an editor that spoke English. You touch it's butt and it says "no,no" ?!  Who thought that was a good feature?! Even the toy cat looks like he didn't think this was a good idea. 







2.  These firecrackers I mentioned earlier are following me around town.  I was at my friend's house last Thursday and while she was in the bathroom, "bam bam bam" right outside the window. She laughed so hard I could hear her all the way through the walls to her bedroom. We had just talked about how they were outside my room every night and how they had never been outside her house.  I guess they knew I was there.  Op, there they go outside my room again.... It is 10:21 pm.

3.  Now that school is out, there are little children in the streets until after 11pm.  They are riding their bikes around and around the Banco Popular parking lot, playing soccer in the street, and throwing palm leaves at each other as if it were 5 in the afternoon.  Then, I see them out early in the morning anyways.  I guess they just don't sleep much.

4.  The fact that it is Christmas right now is just weird in itself as it only gets hotter and hotter instead of colder and colder.  I feel as if I am living in an eternal summer.  For kids here, graduation and summer break are synonymous with Christmas.  You can now better understand their excitement, hence the fireworks. 

5.  It is even exciting for adults, as it is a law here that employers give their employees an extra month's salary during the month of December.   I even got that from the elementary school; I was not expecting this at all :]  Maybe I should go buy some firecrackers to celebrate. 

Also, we have this cute little tree in the house.... :]  Isn't it cute?

1 comment: