To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, June 22, 2014

"Es que, quiero ser su Abuelita"

One of my improv students walks up to me and pinches my cheeks.  ¿¡Qué está haciendo?!" I squeal.  "Es que, quiero ser su abluelita," (I wan't to be your grandmother) she responds very mater-of-factly.  Did I mention that she is only 16 years old?!

There were 4 new improv students that came to practice yesterday, which was crazy because I didn't even think we were meeting because I was told that we were painting a mural outside the theatre.  But, just as I thought the group was loosing steam.... here we are growing stronger again.  Also, after all of this randomness and improving lesson plans when half the group has never heard of improv before... I think I will be able to stay a lot calmer in any chaotic teaching situation that faces me in my own language, someday. 

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny that she wants to be your grandmother.
    She must really love you!
    These experiences will help you with whatever comes your way in life.

    ReplyDelete