To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

When you're not in Spanish classes...

you don't get formal feedback on your progress.  You can go long periods of time, thinking your skills have plateaued or even declined.... This is why it is the little markers, sometimes, that cause you to realize how much your Spanish has actually improved.

Yesterday, I was in the office of the school when somebody made a joke.  They said it really fast to make sure that nobody would understand, but I did and reacted.  I thought nothing of it, but the person who made the joke was shocked!

She said that she had said the joke really fast and couldn't believe I got it and that she was really impressed :] 

Then, today, I stayed around after the HS to finish grading the tests.  Side note, I can order breakfast at school for only 1.20!  That is the cheapest food you can get in this town!!!!  Anyways, I ended up hanging out talking to the women who run the soda and some of the staff that works at the HS.  Even though I was focusing on calculating the points of the test, I was able to participate in the conversation (probably almost as well as if I had be doing the same task during an English conversation).  That was exciting. 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing..!
    You've reached the next level of Master Apprentice Disguisey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are your thoughts in Spanish yet?

    ReplyDelete