To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Week Funk

I have almost been back a week and I am having a bit of a hard time getting back into the flow of things.  It is like I lost my momentum when I went home.  Maybe it is because I haven't really been working or doing anything that I did before I left... I have pretty much just been hanging out on the beach and hiking - which sounds great, right?  It is different, though, than being on vacation.  It's hard to explain how.

I had planned to go to Nicaragua tomorrow, but because of things in my home life here getting a little bit stirred up yesterday, I decided not to go.  I need to get clarity on what I am doing here before I go do something else.  I hope I can get that clarity tomorrow.  I need to make some big decisions that are difficult for me to make. 

I feel like I am floundering, lost in an ocean I was not ready to be dropped back into.

Maybe it just takes time to readjust.  

I need to regroup and get my momentum back.  I need to remember why I am here and refuel that excitement.   I need to feel proud of myself for how far I have come. 

Be patient, breathe, take your time. 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of changes and things to work through in such a short time being back.

    ReplyDelete