To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Los Abuelos Dicen"

I went hiking to a beach I had never been to with a family that I really like spending time with, Playa La Macha.  My friend Kati, the mother, told me that the elders of Costa Rica say that the first twelve days of January represent each of the months of the past year.  Today is the twelfth. 

I arrived in Quepos on Monday night, the 6th.  It was actually cool out and had been raining a lot that evening.  That would be June.  It rained a lot in June.

The 7th was cloudy and poured into the night - July.

The 8th was sunny and hot - August.

The 9th, it rained into the late morning as it did in - September.

The 10th, 11th, and 12th were hot and beautiful... Ok - I guess the 10th should have been rainy, but as for weather prediction overall... I'm with the elders :]


1 comment: