To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Harder Saying Bye the Second Time


I thought I was crazy for having a harder time saying goodbye this time than the first time I moved to Costa Rica.  Apparently, it is more normal than I thought.  On the plane, yesterday, I met a CR Peace Corps Volunteer who told me that it was a really hard day for him, saying bye to his family again.  Then, in line for immigration, I talked with these girls who had been here for four months, went home, and were now back for another four months.  They agreed that it was more difficult for them this time and they were really surprised.  One of the girls even started crying just talking to me about it :[  It made me feel less alone... and that maybe I am a little less crazy than I thought. 

1 comment:

  1. It may be in part feeling how loved and cared about you and they felt at home.
    Something that may have not been as obvious leaving the first time.
    But when home for a short few weeks it becomes much more obvious.

    ReplyDelete