To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Little Package and His Long Journey

My parents sent me a package in early November, I believe... when I had dysentery.  In the package was medicine, packets of miso soup, a pink velvatine rabbit from when I was little, and other various items to make me feel better. 

Well, this package decided that he wanted to first travel to Brazil and have a very long adventure there.  Nobody knows why he wanted that or how he got there, but he did.  Even the Quepos post office workers did not believe that I was waiting for a package everyday that I said was in Brazil by accident. 

My dad searched high and low for the little package with a determination that he would not give up.  Phone calls and letters, tracking and searching....

Finally, two months later - when I returned in January - the package was waiting for me at the Quepos post office.  A warrior with stamps and tape from his long journey... the medallions and ribbons of his triumphs. 

He patiently waited for me in the drawer of mail for people without PO boxes, signifying that his journey would be complete. 

As I cut the tape and marveled that he made it to me at all, I could have sworn I saw him winking at me... for he knew he had seen sites and been to places nobody would ever
know of. 


1 comment:

  1. What a touching story...made me well up in the eyes.
    :)

    ReplyDelete