To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Saturday, February 15, 2014

I did it!!!

I did it! I did it! I did it! I started an improv group for teenagers in Quepos! In Spanish!!!!!!!!!! After handing out 160 flyers, 10 people came Estoy tan orgullosa.

*And just so I remember later, this was a vague idea of a goal that I had before even moving to CR and it took almost 8 months of being here to feel at least almost ready to do this.  I was scared and didn't know if I could do it.... but it was amazing.  It was a feeling that I want to remember forever - doing something I love so much in another country with another language that I wasn't sure I could do.  In that moment, watching them do exercises to build their improv skills, I realized just how far I have come from where I started and how much support I have to make it happen.  

**Also, I'm still laughing about how I made CROW into PROD.  I wonder if that is what Latin American improv troupes use, or if it is just me.  







No comments:

Post a Comment