To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Weirdness of the Week - Episode 42

This morning in my HS English class I asked a girl to work instead of cutting her hair and then on the way home, a homeless man asked me if I wanted some of his alcohol.... All before 9 am.

Yesterday, in my class we were making timelines of our lives and we had an example in the book.  One girl, instead of choosing her own dates, copied the dates in the example.  Her timeline read the following: When I was 5 I learned to swim, When I was 7 I went to San Jose, In 1999 I was born..... I asked her how she did all of that before she was born and she laughed uncontrollably for 5 minutes.  

I am sitting in a cafe and they are playing "I Have My Love to Keep Me Warm."  Is it already Christmas again, here?

The bus driver never showed up for the 11:30 bus... when everyone had boarded the 12:00 bus, the other driver came over and wanted everyone to get off and get on his bus.   Our bus driver just shrugged and left anyway.

Yesterday, I was walking down the street and I saw a new polleria painting their sign.  They had used stencils to cut out the letters in poster board and were taping the poster-board up to spray-paint the sign.  I don't think I would have thought of that.  I also don't think that is something you would see in the US; They would have had to have some fancier method. 

No comments:

Post a Comment