To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Papalomoyo

So… I thought I had this crazy disease called Papalomoyo where you get a bite from a sand fly and then bacteria it deposits start eating your skin… lovely, huh?  Someone told me it was after they bite sloths and then bite you soon after - :[  But, I love sloths. 

Luckily, it was not that.  I still don’t know what it was but the important thing is that it is healed now.  It is scary when wounds appear out of nowhere or when they grow and you have no idea where they came from.  Oh, the tropics…..  This is not an aspect of living here that you will see on a postcard. 


1 comment:

  1. Looks nasty...glad it healed so fast.

    Good that it "settled, and dryed up".

    ReplyDelete