To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Friday, February 14, 2014

Water

We, as people, don't always appreciate the things we have until we don't have them.  Take water, for example.  Each day this week, the water in town has been turned of for at least 4 hours.  I don't know why...  All I know is that nobody makes a fuss about it and life goes on as normal.  Well, except you can't wash anything, shower, or cook if you weren't prepared with a pre-filled bucket. 

You'd think that today, the 5th day, I would have thought of that... but I thought it was supposed to be on today. 

I guess I missed the announcement from the drive-by-car with the giant speakers yesterday.  I must say, even when I do hear the car it is difficult to distinguish if it is advertising for a store or disseminating important information to people who live on the street.  Oh, Quepos and your odd means of communication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment