To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Thursday, February 20, 2014

In my mind...

Have you ever had to have a difficult conversation with someone and built it up to be this big scary thing? But then when you had it the other person or people were not upset at all... in fact they supported you?

I have.  Several times.

I think I'm seeing a pattern here.  Maybe these conversations are only difficult for me and not the people I am talking to.

A lot has happened this week and all very fast.  Yesterday I decided that I was going to move out of my host family's house and into an apartment in a part of town with chickens instead of cars.

When I finally decided I was ready to talk to my host mom she was so supportive.  She was happy for me and told me that I could continue to be a part of the family and that if I ever got sick or anything she would be a phone call away.  She told me that a part of her wishes she could live alone and leave her bras all over the house and have nobody to tell her not to.

So, Saturday I take another step out into the world.
Another stretch of the good old comfort zone.

My New Neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment