To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I live in a graveyard. Literally.

This is something I never ever thought I would say.  As a child, I had a great fear of graveyards. Even driving by them in a car would freak me out.

Then, I came to Costa Rica and lived across from one.  Even then, it took me a while to get used to the idea and when I looked across the path to the house on the graveyard hill I thought, at least I don't live in the graveyard.  I wondered if those kids in that house were afraid of graves.

Well, now I too live in the graveyard.  Just 200 meters up the path, I sit on my front porch - literally touching the graveyard.  The only thing that separates us is a chain-link fence. This makes me laugh. 

Oh, the fears one overcomes.



2 comments: