To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Inspiration

Yesterday, my best friend in Costa Rica told me that she was going to teach a Spanish class to high school students to prepare for a test called the Bachillerato.  This is a test they have to take to pass the subjects and graduate.

She told me that she had never thought of doing something like this before and that I had inspired her.  She could see herself hanging flyers up around town and passing out cards with her information like I did. She wants to start group classes on the weekends to reach more students.   

When she told me this, I felt so proud and so happy that my actions could influence someone I care so much about to take positive risks.  I never told her to do this, but of course I always believed in her and knew she could.  It's so cool to see her go through this process of believing in herself and recognizing the amazing gifts she has to offer the world. 

She definitely has changed my world for the better.  

5 comments:

  1. How sweet...!
    Yes, you have inspired many people, more than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most important things that you can do in this life, is what you are doing...inspiring others to believe in themselves to achieve their goals in their life!

    You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuando regreses a Estados Unidos, podemos platicar en Espanol, de esa manera no lo olvidaras jamas.
    Lo que bien se aprende...nunca se olvida!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Lupita-translation via Google Translate) So sweet of you, Lupita...!

    "Come back to the US, we can talk in Spanish, that way you do not ever forget.
    What good is learned ... never forget !!! "

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an example of teaching someone to fish rather than just giving them fish.

    ReplyDelete