To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Thursday, April 16, 2015

More Onomatopoeias in Spanish

"Purulum purulum" is the sound of something falling.  When that something hits the ground, it goes "pum!"

Example: I was walking when "purulum purulum"... me caí!

"pum" can also be used for something exploding.

Also, the verb for beep is pitar.  I wander what the onomatopoeia is for "beep beep"....? "pit pit?"  I'll have to do some research.

It is so important, though, in story telling to have these onomatopoeias mastered.  It's also so important to have the right vocalizations when saying expressive words like, "alláaaaaa!!!" It has to go up in pitch at the end to signify that it's super far.  Then, the pitch goes down again as if the thing that flew so far away is landing in a far off land.

I wish we were that expressive in English.  I want to say it was over theeeeeeerrreeeeeee in that way.  If I spoke the way I do in Spanish in English, people would think I was crazy.  I just might try, though... just for fun :] 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun to add more creativity and expression to English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could re-shape the whole English language...!

    ReplyDelete