To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

First Class Teaching English as a Second Language

Today I had my first student, a 20 year old Tica.  She was so cute.  It just felt so natural because it was a private conversation class.  All I had to do was get her to talk and correct errors she made.  It was great.  Afterwards, I invited her to go get a batido... so we went and hung out.  It was like the class never ended.  :)  fun fun.

12 comments:

  1. How cute.
    I knew it would be
    a "piece a cake" for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... I wouldn't call it a piece of cake. It actually is kind of hard. It is a lot more directed than what I am used to doing. Especially with the beginners, you always have to be on.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good start to teaching English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome. Que chevere! It reminds me so much of when I was teaching English in Bolivia...the students were so sweet and thankful to be able to learn another language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, thank you for all your comments :] The support means a lot to me! <3

      Delete
  4. Loving reading about your adventures! So very happy for you to have this amazing experience! You are a brave and amazing woman! How cool that you get to share your "teaching gifts" with people in another part of the world! Can't wait to hear more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So not a "piece of cake"
    Maybe a "piece of cake" while being "on"

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a different kind of "piece of cake"
    One where "Especially with the beginners, you always have to be on."

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this "cake" talk is making me hungry! Ahorita, tengo hambre!

    ReplyDelete