To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The second day - better than the first (including the french toast)

Today was so much better than yesterday.  Today, my friend`s sister and her husband came and picked me up for breakfast.  We did not eat arroz y frijoles!  We ate french toast - yay!!!!! Then we took the bus from her house back to mine so I would know how to get around more.  I´m still pretty confused since none of the streets here have names and they all look the same to me, but I´m sure I´ll figure it out somehow.  Poco a poco as they say here (little by little).

The city is so beautiful with the green mountains and clouds hovering over them, always teasing with the promise of the rainstorm of the day.

After walking around and buying some things like ice cream, we walked to her inlaws`house for lunch.  It was soooo good.  I never thought I would be so happy to eat chicken and salad after a day of every meal being arroz y frijoles.  My friend´s inlaws also taught me a lot of sayings in spanish and refused to speak to me in english even though they speak it well.  I am happy that people are willing to let me learn spanish, even though it might be easier for them to just switch to english.  That means a lot to me.

I am so thankful for having a friend here :) It means more than anything else.

Tomorrow, I start my class and finally get to meet the other students in the program.  I am really looking forward to that.  I hope I remember how to get to the school!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good.
    Glad it was a fun/better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a friend and her family to interact with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so brave!! Keep up the positive attitude, it will see you through!

    ReplyDelete