To My Middle School Students:

To My Middle School Students:

I hope that you enjoy this blog about my adventures living and teaching abroad. I am glad that I get to keep you all updated in this way and know that, even though I am not technically your teacher anymore, I will always consider you my students. Feel free to leave comments, to email me with questions, or just say hi :]

Monday, July 8, 2013

First Day of Class

Yayyyy!!!!!!!! I have a purpose again!  I am so excited to learn the puzzle that is teaching English as a second language.  I feel like I barely know anything about our language - even though I taught middle school for 4 years.  For example:  I had no idea when you ad "er" to the end of a word or add more to the beginning.  Why is it happier and not more happy?  Why more beautiful and not beautifuller?  This is just the beginning... and there are rules behind this madness... English is not as random as I thought.



We were observing our teachers teach lessons to beginning students and they were learning how to describe physical characteristics.

Funniest mistakes of the day:
She has curly eyes.
He is short hair.
I have long eyes.

Who knew hair and eyes were so easy to interchange :) :) I love it.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting..!
    Glad it so much fun...
    Now you can correct our English.
    Ha, ha, ha

    ReplyDelete